Common types of ants
North American is home to many species of ants. Ants are social insects that vary in size, color, behavior, and nesting habits depending on their species. In general, we can identify ants by their three body parts: head, thorax, and abdomen. They also have six legs, antennae, and chewing mouthparts. Only the reproductive members (queens and males) have wings. Some common ants are:
- Acrobat Ant, Argentine Ant
- Harvester Ant, Little Black Ant
- Black Ant, Big-Headed Ant
- Odorous House Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant
- Carpenter Ant, Crazy Ant
- Velvety Tree Ant
- Fire Ant, Ghost Ant
- White-Footed Ant
Call us at 844-488-PEST or click here to get a free quote.
The majority of species of ants that we come across and that invade our structures are nuisance ants. While ants are unwanted because they contaminate food, invade in large numbers, and spread bacteria, nuisance ants do not pose significant threats to people or our properties.
There are, however, some species of dangerous ants that we need to be aware of in order to protect ourselves. Some dangerous ants are aggressive and bite or sting; others create serious health risks; still, others cause damage to our property. Examples of dangerous ants include carpenter ants, Pharaoh ants, and fire ants.
Our properties tend to provide ants with the food, water, and shelter they need to thrive. Food is what usually first attracts ants to a property. Things like open trash containers, compost, pet food, and gardens are places where ants forage for food.
Once they are feeding on your property, ants will start to look for sheltered areas to place a nest. Ants move into homes and other structures to escape periods of harsh weather or while foraging for food.
With over 250 years of combined leadership experience, The PEST Group is the best choice to rid your California, Florida, or Hawaii home or business of ants. We are North America’s largest fumigation company, dedicated to our customers and to providing safe and effective ant solutions.
If you are looking for an experienced, dedicated professional to eliminate ant invaders from your property, contact The PEST Group and request your free inspection today!
In addition to our residential pest control and commercial pest control services, use the following tips to prevent ant infestations:
- Trim tree branches and overgrown vegetation away from your home’s exterior walls and foundation.
- Keep gutters in good working order, directing water away from your home’s exterior.
- Leave a crushed rock barrier between any soil and your foundation.
- Place weatherstripping around windows.
- Immediately clean up spills and crumbs.
- Inside, store leftover food in refrigerators, not on counters or tables.
- Inspect the foundation and exterior walls of your house, sealing up any openings you find.
- Keep tight-fitting or locking lids on trash cans and compost bins. Store them off the ground and away from your house.
Get rid of spiders in your home or business today!
Get rid of rodents in your home or business today!
Get rid of powderpost beetles today!
Get rid of mosquitos today!
Get rid of flies in your home or business today!
Get rid of cockroaches in your home today!
Get rid of bed bugs today!
Termites can cause permanent damage to your home – find the best pest control near you
Trust The Experts
Let us solve your Pest Control problems today.Get A Free Inspection